Computers/Hardware | San Francisco, CA, United States
Sr. Software Engineer / Architect - Middleware
The person hired for this position will be an integral part of the team responsible for determining the current and future software architecture of the middleware components of the IT infrastructure that supports all of the users of the bank. The ideal candidate will have experience architecting, designing and implementing massively scalable distributed architectures.
The candidate must demonstrate an enthusiasm for development with a customer centric focus. The individual should understand a wide variety of technologies, from network topologies to low level coding details. This person should enjoy all aspects of the software development process, from requirements definition to the day to day coding responsibilities that go along with getting a project out the door and into production. Team work is important and will be considered as one of the primary requirements of this position.
- Build web-based applications for user groups using real time rate exchange information.
- Database applications ? Work with a group of engineers to help design and implement business and consumer based database applications. This will support large-scale, online application infrastructure in a 24×7 environment.
- Collaboration on requirements ? Work with the Engineering and define business logic based on user input
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or equivalent education
- At least 7+ years of experience in software development and or/architect experience
- Experience with other server-side development languages C#, and Java ? Good understanding of .NET framework for legacy systems integration
- Deep experience building network and multi-threaded services for high availability, scalability and performance
- Experience using version control software (CVS, GIT, Subversion, Perforce, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail and an appreciation for clean design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with application servers Apache, Tomcat, and IIS (legacy systems)