The client needed to reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) in license fees by eradicating costly and underperforming software. Not only did they carry high-cost renewals, the on-premise databases weren’t performing well for the business. The client needed to increase the performance of large amounts of data and sophisticated analytics platforms to quickly support client initiatives. They hoped to maintain stability of their customer service department with accurate responses, low defects and downtime.
COST REDUCTION MEETS INCREASED FLEXIBILITY
Beyondsoft’s cloud consulting team worked with the client to obtain optimal and rapid acceleration to lower costs and increased efficiency. The team migrated costly and non-performing databases to Vertica and re-architected their data analytics platform for target databases and development.
- Evolved from Capex to Opex cost structure.
- Reduced licensing fees by 18% by migrating to Vertica.
- ROI including migration and consulting costs in less than one year.
- Increased performance/query response time by 10-12%.
- Foundation laid for data lake to bring in scalability in data storage and flexibility in data access.