At Beyondsoft, respecting and protecting individuals’ personal information or personal data are part of our core values. We are committed to protecting your personal data and ensuring strict compliance with applicable laws. You are strongly encouraged to read and understand this Policy as it will explain to you on how we collect, use, process and disclose your personal information or personal data.
1. Policy Scope
This Policy applies only to our Services. Although we might link to third-party websites (for example, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter), software or services provided by third-party, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites, software or services operated by third-party and such usage will subject to third-party’s policy.
2. Categories of Personal Information We Collect
Broadly speaking, we collect two types of Personal Information: (a) User Information and (b) Usage Information. Below is an explanation of the categories of Personal Information we collect, including information collected in the last 12 months.
“User Information” refers to information collected about individuals who use our Services and voluntarily provide their information when registering with our site, emailing us, or contacting us on the telephone. The categories of information we collect may include your name, email address, mailing address, professional title, company, country, or telephone number. We collect User Information only when individuals voluntarily provide it to us.
We do not generally collect “sensitive Personal Information” (also known as “special categories”) through our website or otherwise. In the limited cases where we do seek to collect such data, we will do this in accordance with local data privacy law requirements. If you choose to provide us with unsolicited sensitive Personal Information, you consent to our using the data, subject to applicable law as described in this Policy. The term sensitive Personal Information refers to the various categories of personal data identified by certain data privacy laws as requiring special treatment, which may include personal identity numbers, financial account information, gender, race, ethnicity, or national origin, political opinions or affiliations, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union or profession or trade association, physical or mental health, biometric or genetic data, sexual life, or criminal record (including information about suspected criminal activities).
“Usage Information” refers to information about your computer hardware and software that we may automatically collect when you use or interact with our website. Whenever you use or our website, we may collect your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. In particular, we collect information about the manner in which our website is used, the devices on which they are used, and our website’s performance. This information is used for the operation of our Services, to maintain quality of the Service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Beyondsoft website. Depending on your device or browser privacy settings, Usage Information or can include location data, such as geographic information regarding the location of the accessing device. If we combine Usage Information with User Information, we will treat the combined data as User Information.
3. How We Collect Personal Information
For individuals who contact us through our website, email, or on the telephone, we will collect whatever information you provide through the medium you use to communicate with us.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. Beyondsoft may use information collected from our cookies to identify user behavior and to serve content and offers based on your profile, preference, interest and for the other purposes including those outlined directly below, to the extent legally permissible in certain jurisdictions. Some of the cookies we use don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. In other cases, we can associate cookie information with an identifiable individual. For example, if we send you a targeted email which includes web beacons, cookies or similar technologies we will know whether you open, read, or delete the message or if you click a link in a marketing e-mail you receive from Beyondsoft, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our site. To learn more about your rights concerning cookies and other tracking technologies, please refer to the Cookies Notice/Policy, below.
Beyondsoft may combine data from publicly available sources, and from our different e-mail, website, and personal interactions with you (this includes information collected across our different websites such as our careers and corporate sites and information collected when you sign-up or log on to our sites or connect to our sites using your social media credentials. We combine this data to better assess your experience with Beyondsoft and to perform the other activities described throughout our Privacy Statement.
4. Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties
For all personal information we collect from third parties, we will retain that information for as long as necessary for the purposes stated in How We Use Personal Information below and to comply with applicable legal requirements. In determining the length of time to retain personal information collected from third parties, we review the following criteria: the type of personal information processed, the purpose of using personal information, and applicable legal retention period requirements.
5. How We Use Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for a number of purposes that we believe to be consistent with your expectations when you interact with us and our Services, including:
- To communicate with you. If you contact us, we will use your email address and other information you provide to us to communicate with you. We may retain your contact and information and copies of our communications for our records. Beyondsoft may use customer relationship management (CRM) database technology to manage and track our marketing efforts. Our CRM databases include personal data belonging to individuals at our client and other companies with whom we already have a business relationship or want to develop one. The personal data used for these purposes includes relevant business information, such as: contact data, publicly available information (e.g., board membership, published articles, press releases, your public posts on social media sites if relevant for business purpose), your responses to targeted e-mail (including web activity following links from our e-mails), website activity of registered users of our website, and other business information included by Beyondsoft professionals based on their personal interactions with you.
- To provide announcements and marketing. We may use your name and contact information to provide you with news about promotions, offerings, events, and other information about our business. From time to time, we may also conduct customer surveys. You may have the option of receiving emails, SMS texts, voice messages, and/or newsletters directly from us. You may elect to opt-out of these communications by clicking an unsubscribe link, responding unsubscribe, or placing a check mark beside a statement stating you do not want to receive these communications or to participate in these activities.
- To otherwise provide Services and support. We use your Personal Information to provide and manage the Services, communicate with you about our Services, and fulfill any contractual obligations we otherwise have with you. In addition, we use your Personal Information to support your use of the Services and to ensure the quality and security of the Services.
- Analytics. We may use Usage Information for analytics purposes and to operate, maintain, and improve the Services. We may also use information to create new products and services.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, Beyondsoft currently does not take action in response to these signals. For more information on “do-not-track,” visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
- To promote security and appropriate use. We hope everyone who uses our website will do so appropriately and with respect for our community. But, probably like you, we realize that not all online activity is beneficial. Therefore, we will use Personal Information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity relating to our Services and generally safeguard and maintain the security of our website and business.
- To meet legal requirements. We may be required to use or disclose your Personal Information when necessary to comply with legally mandated reporting, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process requirements.
- Other purposes. We may use your information for any other legal, business or marketing purposes that are compatible with this Policy.
Additional Use of Personal Information
Our processing of Personal Information for Services consists of automated and manual (human) methods of processing. Our automated methods include artificial intelligence (AI), which we describe as a collection of, and individual, technologies that enable computers to perceive, learn, reason, and assist in decision-making to solve problems in ways that are similar to what people do. To build, train, and improve the accuracy of our automated methods of processing (including AI), we may use the Personal Information you provided as part of your use of this webpage. We will NEVER USE Confidential Information, Personally Identifiable Information, proprietary information, or information you have specifically opted out of sharing for this purpose.
6. How We Share Personal Information
We DO NOT sell your Personal Information to anyone.
Affiliates or Related Companies. We may share your personal data to our affiliates or related companies for one or more of the aforementioned purposes.
Service Providers. Like many businesses, we may rely on support from other businesses to provide our Services. We may share personal information collected from individuals with digital marketing partners that assist us with delivering our newsletter and announcements. We may rely on a service provider for IT and security support and grant access to information collected as part of those services. We will transfer or share information with service providers only in accordance with applicable information privacy laws. Furthermore, our service providers are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide services to us and are not permitted to use your information for other purposes.
Legal Requirements. We may be required to use or discloses your personal information when necessary to comply with legally mandated reporting, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process requirements.
Publicly Posted Content. If you post comments, images, and other content to a location that is public facing, including our website or social media, your posted information will be publicly viewable.
With Your Consent. We may share some or all of your information with any other third party with your affirmative consent. For instance, we display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Websites in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us via channels shown at the end of this policy.
Cross-Border Transfer. We may transfer or allow the transfer of your Personal Information outside your jurisdiction for the purposes set out in this Policy subject to the compliance with the standard and restriction of your local legislation.
7. Cookies Policy/Notice
What are Cookies? Cookies are small files—usually consisting of letters and numbers—placed on your computer, tablet, phone, or similar device, when you use that device to visit a web site. Cookies are widely used by website owners to make their web sites operate, work more efficiently, and provide analytic information.
Cookies may be placed on your device by Beyondsoft and third parties. We recommend using the Manage Cookie Settings tool to express your cookie choices.
Listed below are the different categories of Cookies that Beyondsoft and vendors on our behalf may use on the Website:
I. Strictly Necessary Cookies. These technologies are necessary for the Beyondsoft experience to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. The technology is usually only set in response to actions made by the device owner which amount to a request for services, such as setting privacy preferences, logging in, filling in forms, maintaining secure login areas, maintaining state across pages (remembering items in a shopping basket), and server load balancing. The device owner can set their preference to block or alert us about these technologies, but some parts of the Beyondsoft experience will not work without them. These technologies do not store any personally identifiable information.
II. Analytics Cookies. These technologies allow us to count device visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our experiences. The technology helps Beyondsoft to know which experiences are the most and least popular and see how device owners interact with the experience. All information these technologies collect is aggregated. If the device owner does not allow these technologies, then we will not know when the device owner visited or how the device owner interacted with our experiences.
III. Functional Cookies. These technologies enable the Website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. The technology may be set by Beyondsoft or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our experiences. If the device owner does not allow these technologies, then some or all of these services may not function properly for the device owner.
IV. Ad Targeting Cookies. These technologies may be set through Beyondsoft or by our advertising partners. The technology may be used to build a profile of the device owner’s interests and show the device owner relevant advertisements on other experiences. The technology does not store directly personal information on the device, but the technology is based on uniquely identifying the device. If the device owner does not allow these technologies, then the device owner will experience less targeted advertising.
How Long do Cookies Stay on My Device?
Some Cookies operate from the time you visit the Website until the end of that particular browsing session. These “session” Cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser.
Some Cookies stay on your device between browsing sessions—these “persistent” Cookies do not expire when you close your browser. The length of time a persistent Cookie stays on your device varies from Cookie to Cookie.
How does Beyondsoft Provide Online Advertising?
We and our vendors, and our other third parties, engage in interest-based advertising to deliver advertisements and personalized content that we and other advertisers believe will be of interest to you. Third party vendors will be responsible for their own use of personal information collected through the Cookies.
Advertisements may be delivered to you based on your online or mobile behavior (on the Website), your search activity, your responses to one of our advertisements or communications, the pages you visit, your general geographic location, or other information.
How do I Manage Cookies?
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies. One way you can do this is through your Internet browser’s settings. Most Internet browsers allow some control of Cookies through the browser settings. If you use your browser settings to block all Cookies you may not be able to access parts of the Website.
What about Similar Tracking Technologies?
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited the Website or opened a communication that we have sent them. This enables us to assess the effectiveness of communications. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
8. Right to Access Your Information
Under our Policy, you have a right to access your Personal Information that we have collected or currently held in our possession. Your request to access is subject to our verification process whereby you are required to furnish sufficient information to enable us to verify your identity and to identify the nature of your request for our further action (“Access Verification”). Once we have received the requisite information and your identity is established, we will disclose your Personal Information to you accordingly.
Generally, we do not charge a fee to process or respond to your request to access, delete, or correct your Personal Information unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
9. Right to Request Deletion
Under our Policy, you have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. Once the Access Verification is established, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation, including but not limited to court’s order, government’s directive and etc.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Please take note that your request to delete your Personal Information might cause significant impact to our ability to continue performing our contractual obligation that we might having with you and we shall be free from any liability arising in such event. We expressly reserve our legal rights and remedies thereof.
10. Correcting and Updating Personal Information
Subject to our Access Verification, you can always contact us in order to request that we change or update your Personal Information if you believe the Personal Information we have for you is incorrect or outdated. We will review your request but may be restricted in our ability to change your Personal Information.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary and where permissible by law, we reserve our rights to deny your request to access, delete or correct your Personal Information if we found it to be vexatious or manifestly unfounded.
We will not discriminate against anyone for exercising any of their rights under this Policy or any applicable information privacy or data protection law. Unless otherwise permitted, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services (unless such exercise of your rights has hindered us from providing goods or services to you);
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services (unless such exercise of your rights has adversely impacted our ability to provide quality goods or services); or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
12. Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Beyondsoft by:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Personal Information of Minor
Beyondsoft does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from minor. If you are a minor, you must seek your parent or guardian for permission to use this website. If you think we have collected Personal Information from a minor for whom you are the parent or guardian, please contact us at the notice address provided below.
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of your Personal Information. Our employees receive training on our security practices and obligations. While we strive to safeguard your Personal Information, we cannot completely ensure the privacy of certain communications such as email to and from us because they are not encrypted. Given the nature of the internet and the fact that network security measures are not infallible, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. In the event we become aware of a data security breach, we will provide you with notice as required by applicable laws.
15. Changes to Our Policy
If we change this Policy, we will post the updated Policy on our website and it shall be effective from the date of posting. Please note that you shall be responsible to read and understand the updated Policy from time to time and your continuance in using our Services shall constitute your consent towards the updated Policy.
16. Contact Information – Questions, Accessing, Correcting and Updating your Personal Information, Direct Marketing
Please contact us using the contact information listed below if you:
- Wish to make a complaint about our activities;
- Would like to access your Personal Information held by us;
- Would like to delete your Personal Information held by us;
- Would like to correct or update your Personal Information held by us; or
- Would like to opt out of direct marketing;
How we do it
Our success factors over the years are a testament to driving your return on investment. Singapore is our global head office and we have 14 regional offices around the world.
Nearly 3 decades of strong IT consulting and services
40+ global delivery networks across four continents
Certifications* in CMMI 5, ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and ISO 27001
~30,000 global experts
Microsoft Azure Expert MSP
ISO 9001 and 45001 (certificates issued to Beyondsoft International (Singapore) Pte Ltd). ISO 27001 (certificates issued to Beyondsoft International (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Beyondsoft (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., and Beyondsoft Consulting Inc., Bellevue, WA, USA)