Cost savings with Testing as a service model for international information technology firm
A multinational information technology company that have been in partnership with BeyondSoft since 1998.
The business division from the information technology firm was looking to engage a test service partner using Testing as a Service (TaaS) model to help their business:
- Improve productivity and efficiency
- Enhanced data collection
- Resources management
- Increased agility
The Hardware Quality Engineering test (HWQE) was executed by multiple test vendors. The HWQE also engaged an onsite contractor at their office to manage the test execution & planning from different test partners. Besides that, the company owned all the test equirement, and conducted the test planning, logistics and defects management. This caused more cost to be incurred, and more effort needed to standardise the reporting for program team as different test partners have different tools and process.
Beyondsoft is the single Testing Service Provider for the HWQE where we owned all the necessary items for Test Planning & Execution (Test Resource Management, Logistics, Samples & Media, and Test Planning & Tactical) as well as Results Reporting (Data & Results, Dashboarding, Defect Tracking & Management).
BYS has invested close to USD 2 million to setup a reliability test lab within 6 months, which is fully operational.
Currently, 95% of the HWQE can be conducted in-house in BYS. Remaining 5% are certification related and to be assigned to BYS test partner.
Beyond that, the computer company has also streamlined their tools and processes for TaaS model. This in turn greatly optimizes their data collection for analysis by gathering the right data across various touchpoints.
Through the TaaS model, the company gains an estimate cost savings of approximately USD 600K. Further, by adopting this model, it also greatly improves business agility as it brings more productivity and cost-efficiency without compromising on quality. In essence, the HWQE can now focus more on quality without spending efforts and resources in defining the test planning and reporting. By translating raw data into insights across various touchpoints, it helps to provide more relevant, personalized, and agile content for customers to drive data insights.