Job Applicant Privacy Notice
WHO WE ARE
Beyondsoft Consulting Inc. (“BCI”) is a leading business IT and consulting company that provides outsourced, high-quality, IT services to support customers with their technology needs. These services include cloud, big data and analytics, business process outsourcing, custom software solutions, test automation, digital enablement, and other software engineering and digital transformation services. Our talented team of professionals includes experts across a diverse range of technology specialties who thrive on innovation and pushing the bounds of technology.
BCI, along with its parent and affiliated companies, consist of 18,000+ professionals in 45 delivery centers across 5 different continents. We are set up to serve our customers with on-shore, off-shore and near-shore delivery. Our team has partnered with some of the best names in technology to develop world-class solutions. BCI is committed to its employees and to making BCI a great place to work. We take pride in offering competitive compensation and benefits along with a company culture that embodies continuous learning and growth with a dedicated focus on employee satisfaction and work-life balance. Our goal at BCI is to recruit excellent talent to join our team. To achieve this goal, BCI collects and processes Personal Information (defined below) about job applicants.
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to all Personal Information of job applicants processed by BCI, whether submitted through an outside party or job search/recruitment service or through our Career Opportunities portal on our website that is powered by Bullhorn, Inc., (“Bullhorn”).
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person. Under specific laws, personal information may include any information relating to a household.
ABOUT THE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
You can apply for most open positions with BCI via the Career Opportunities portal on our website that is powered by Bullhorn. We also provide you an option to connect with us to receive updates on jobs and invitations to future events.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you apply for an open position with BCI, we collect contact information such as your name, email address, and phone number. We invite you to submit your resume and provide you with common resume upload options via Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive, or directly from your computer.
We collect additional Personal Information when you update your Bullhorn account. Personal Information collected includes address, cover letter, eligibility to work in the United States, work authorization sponsorship requirements, previous employment at BCI, and whether you are related to a current BCI employee. You can link your LinkedIn, Google, or Facebook account to Bullhorn at any time. This provides recruiters with the latest information regarding your education and work history to keep your candidate profile constantly up to date. We collect additional information at various stages of the recruitment process, either online, or by communicating through email, telephone, social media, chat, video conference or in-person interviews. The categories of Personal Information collected are:
- Contact information.
- Work experience and past compensation.
- Professional certifications and licenses.
- Job-related qualifications.
- Social media accounts.
- Other information pertinent to a job application.
- Electronic/digital signature.
As required under law, we invite you to participate in an EEOC Voluntary Self-Identification survey and notify you of your rights pursuant to federal labor laws. Participation in this survey is voluntary. If you choose to participate, we will collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- National origin.
- Other demographic information.
We process your Personal Information as described above according to one or more of the following lawful bases, depending on each specific context and the types of Personal Information concerned:
- Processing in our legitimate interests (not superseded by your rights) of operating a business, including recruiting talent to fill vacant positions.
- Processing as necessary to comply with legal obligations.
- In the event that you are hired, we process as necessary to establish and fulfill a contract of employment with you.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018:
As required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), we also specifically note the categories of Personal Information we have collected from applicants who are California residents in the preceding 12 months and which we will continue to collect from such individuals under this Notice. These categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, email address, unique personal or online identifier, Internet Protocol address; account name; social security number; driver’s license or passport number; and other similar identifiers.
- Signature; physical characteristics; state identification card; insurance policy number; education; employment or employment history; bank account number; credit card number (if issued a corporate credit card); medical information or health insurance information; driver’s license, passport number; and other similar identifiers.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, religion, sex, gender, information related to military or veteran status, national origin, languages used, disability, request for family care leave, request for leave for an employee’s own serious health condition, age, and other characteristics of protected classifications as they apply to particular situations.
- Professional or employment-related information.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We collect and process Personal Information for recruitment purposes, including information that helps us manage applications and determine how you meet our organizational and job role selection criteria. We communicate with you about your application including requests for additional information, interviews, and notifications regarding the process. We also assess your qualifications against the job criteria of job postings for the areas of interest selected as those opportunities arise.
We also process Personal Information as we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to comply with applicable law. Most of the information collected is provided by you as part of your application. We may verify information provided such as your educational qualifications or references. We also collect information through your social media account, URL, or other website if you have linked it to your application.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SHARED
We share your personal information with the following types of recipients:
- BCI partners, employees, contractors, and customers relevant to a specific job posting.
- Third-party service providers. We utilize Bullhorn for our online recruitment, an organization incorporated in the United States located at 100 Summer Street, 17th Floor, Boston, MA 02110. Bullhorn participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and is committed to abide by the Frameworks’ principles. In addition, we use third-party service providers for services like cloud hosting, analytics, or other technical tools. These service providers only process your information as directed by us. We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties.
- Third-party platforms. We connect with third party platforms such as LinkedIn, Google and Facebook, where you have independently established an account and provided your Personal Information. When you request that we link to that third-party account, we share your information with these third-party platforms. The processing of your Personal Information by these third-party platforms is governed by these other entities. We encourage you to visit their respective websites and read their privacy policies.
- Law enforcement or regulatory authorities, government agencies, courts of law or other third parties.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to: the United States, Canada, Spain, India, Korea, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, and Australia, in the cloud, our servers, the servers of our partners or the servers of our service providers. If applicable, we utilize Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission to legitimize the transfer of Personal Information from the European Economic Area or Switzerland to the United States and other countries.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Information that we store, transmit, or otherwise process against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access. We regularly consider appropriate new security technology and methods as we maintain and develop our software and systems. Please recognize that protecting your Personal Information is also your responsibility. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your information when you are on the Internet, such as using a strong password and keeping your password secret. Please be aware that despite our best efforts to ensure the security of your data, we cannot guarantee that your information will be secure.
We retain your Personal Information after the application and selection process is finalized for each position posted. In order to fulfill our obligations under the law including Affirmative Action, BCI may use third-party service providers to process and store the information you submit through the online recruitment process. This information is necessarily retained by one or more of those providers or platforms. The privacy policies of those providers and platforms may apply to your Personal Information. You may read their privacy policies by clicking on links available on the job posting web pages and electronic forms. In the event you are selected and enter an employment agreement, your Personal Information is retained further and becomes part of your employment file and profile.
We rely upon you to update your personal profile online and keep your information up to date. We also enable you to manage your notifications. If you have any questions in relation to your Personal Information, we invite you to submit your inquiry to us via the contact information provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Depending on your residency, you may have certain rights that you may exercise in relation to your Personal Information, subject to applicable lawful exemptions. Where the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) applies, your rights consist of:
- The right to be informed.
- The right of access.
- The right to rectification.
- The right to erasure.
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object.
- The rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning personal data about you. We encourage you to first reach out to us, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so. You may also contact us with your Personal Information inquiries or for assistance in modifying or updating your Personal Information and to exercise your rights. Our contact details are provided below.
Inquiries may be made through any of the following means:
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHONE: 888.601.0618
- ONLINE FORM: Submitting a request through our interactive Contact Us webform here.
Beyondsoft Consulting, Inc.
Attention: Legal Department
10700 Northup Way, Suite 120
Bellevue, Washington, USA, 98004
How we do it
Our success factors over the years are a testament to driving your return on investment. Singapore is our global head office and we have 14 regional offices around the world.
Nearly 3 decades of strong IT consulting and services
40+ global delivery networks across four continents
Certifications* in CMMI 5, ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and ISO 27001
~30,000 global experts
Microsoft Azure Expert MSP
ISO 9001 and 45001 (certificates issued to Beyondsoft International (Singapore) Pte Ltd). ISO 27001 (certificates issued to Beyondsoft International (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Beyondsoft (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., and Beyondsoft Consulting Inc., Bellevue, WA, USA)